SOME FOOD FOR THOUGHT
“The first step toward success is taken when you refuse to be a captive of the environment in which you find yourself.” – Mark Caine
I hope this newsletter finds you all healthy and safe.
I would once again like to thank all our parents for your ongoing support through these trying times that we are all facing.
Just a short update.
The minister of education announced on Tuesday 19th May, that the phasing in of schools will commence on the 1st of June with the return of Grades 7 and 12. As mentioned in my last newsletter, we have been preparing the school for the return of these pupils.
The following has been put into place:
- The school has been thoroughly cleaned.
- The school has been sanitised by a professional sanitisation company.
- Hand sanitiser and anti-bacterial hand soap has been purchased for all classrooms, bathrooms and administrative areas.
- Thermometers for screening all staff, pupils and visitors have been purchased.
- A face mask with interchangeable filters has been purchased for each pupil.
- Classrooms have been set up to accommodate social distancing.
- A set of protocols has been drawn up in line with those prescribed by the DBE for the management of staff, pupils and visitors at the school. (These protocols and requirements will be sent out to pupils and parents of the respective grades that are returning to school.)
- Parents are welcome to come and visit the school on Friday 29th May between 09:00 and 14:00 to see what has been put into place. (REMEMBER: ALL PERSONS VISITING THE SCHOOL WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ACCESS IF WEARING A FACE MASK.)
NB: I would like to assure all our parents once again that your child’s safety is our number 1 priority and we will endeavour at all times to keep your child as safe as possible.
Grades not yet returning to school:
We will continue to prepare and send out work to the pupils in grades that are not returning to school yet. Hard copies of work will also be available as from next week. Teachers will send out via WhatsApp groups on what days these work packs can be collected. We are also investigating more avenues of online teaching for pupils in grades not returning e.g. Video lessons, google classroom etc.
I will notify parents as to when and how each grade will be returning via the phased in approach as it is officially announced by the DBE.
Amidst these difficult financial times for many people, I would once again like to thank all parents who are making the effort to pay towards school fees. If any parent would like to discuss any issue regarding fee payments, the school can be contacted on 010 109 8312 if so required.
Keep well, keep safe and always remain positive.
Yours in Education